lunes, 22 de marzo de 2010

Ghost Writers

These are thoughts not original of me. Walt Withman.

How can there be any originality in a word? How can I be certain that what I write or what I say has not been said before in another time, a far off place, in another language? There is no virgin text whatsoever: no idea has been formed out of nowhere; there always is somewhere, some production point, some creative gesture. I am not original in what I write: I know and am aware that I lost that battle.
And yet, the people who follow me in what I have written and continue to write know my traits: they know what I can express in a sentence, what I have been able to do with a feeling, a verbalization. My writing is like my blood, as it cannot be taken for another's.
I have not yet become a steady writer, nor do I have a fan base big enough to call myself one. I write what I can, and have lent my voice to others when necessary. I too am a ghost writer, as sometimes I mask myself in my own writing, and confuse people...at the end of the day, who is the person that writes with anger, or passion, frustration, rage? I am. We all are.
There is no stable version of myself. I can change how I want to when I write. I can be naive, or temperamental, sensual, ingenuée; now all I need is to reflect that exact same state of mind when I leave this page, when I drop a pen. I need to empower myself with my own self, with who I am.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

¿How do you stop being a girl in front of everyone's eyes? ¿How do you become a woman on your own terms?

¿Cómo se pasa de niña a mujer para todos? ¿Cómo te vuelves mujer bajo tus propios términos?

3 comentarios:

Anonymous Anónimo ha dicho...

Bien intencionado pero hay algo que no me cuadra.

La discusión sobre la posibilidad de lo original se vuelve casi apologética. No me parece que debas explicar que no hay nada original. No lo hay. En ningún lado.

Contamos la historia para sostener al mundo

3/23/2010 10:33 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo ha dicho...

...y si vas a copiar, copia a los buenos.

:)

3/23/2010 10:35 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo ha dicho...

You were my ghost writer some time ago ... Now that i'm here again, is interesenting, should I say, to find that somehow you still are.

1/29/2011 4:30 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio